As BFIS scholars have graduated, returned to work in Bermuda and progressed with their careers, we have invited them to serve on various committees as well as mentoring new scholars and assisting with our outreach presentations in the schools.
FINANCE COMMITTEE 2021
David Soutter (Chairman) Chief Financial Officer, Zurich, Bermuda
Daniel Barker – V.P. Underwriting, Validus Services
Jane Bielby Administrator, Aspen Insurance
Pam DaCosta Investment Officer, Aspen Insurance
Nakia Foggo Internal Auditor, Argus Group (BFIS Alumn)
Miguel DaPonte – Senior Vice President, BF&M Investment Services
Angela Parry – (BFIS Volunteer)
- Exercise oversight and responsibility with respect to the Foundation’s material and strategic financial matters, including those related to investment policies and strategies, capital structure, etc.
- Monitor the performance of the Endowment Fund and make recommendations as necessary with regard to investment strategies.
- Liaise as necessary with the Foundation’s Investment Adviser.
- Advise and, as appropriate, make recommendations to the Board with respect to such matters.
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE 2021
Shelle Hendrickson (Chairman) – SVP, Underwriting Manager, AXA XL – (BFIS Alumni)
Andrew Osbourne – VP, Head of Bermuda Healthcare, Liberty Mutual
David Amaro – VP, Associate Legal Counsel, Hamilton Re – (BFIS Alumni)
Dr. Duranda Greene – President, Bermuda College
Jonathan Ball Assistant Underwriter, AXA XL – (BFIS Alumni)
Jane Bielby – Administrator, BFIS
Stephen Jones – VP, Professional Lines, Chubb – (BFIS Alumni)
Denzel Simons – Chubb Iron-Starr Excess – (BFIS Alumni) Alumni Committee ex-officio
- Review scholarship criteria and awards and make recommendations to the Board.
- Select scholarship candidates to be interviewed.
- Conduct interviews for all selected candidates and reach a consensus on awardees and award amounts.
MENTOR NETWORK COMMITTEE 2021
Victoria Cunningham (Co-Chair) – Ex officio representing: Bermuda Under 40s
Nicholas Butterfield (Co-Chair) – Underwriter, Professional Lines, Allied World Assurance (BFIS Alumni)
Alex McMartin – Associate Underwriter, Excess Casualty, Sompo International
Amon Wedderburn – Underwriting Trainee (Int’l. Property), Convex Re
Jane Bielby – Administrator, BFIS
Jonathan Allen – AVP, Underwriter, Chubb – (BFIS Alumni)
Laura Burns – Associate, Appleby – (BFIS Alumni)
Laura Norman – Vice President, Bowring Marsh
Latonia Fray – Underwriting Assistant, AIG (BFIS Alumni)
Robin Anderson – AVP, Commercial Lines, BF&M – (BFIS Alumni)
Shane Hollis – Actuarial Analyst, Athene Life Re (BFIS Alumni)
Teniko Eve – Captive Associate, Marsh Captive Solutions – (BFIS Alumni)
Tim Fox – VP, Professional Lines, Sompo International
- Manage the BFIS Mentor Network programme to ensure that students and others requesting insurance career advice and guidance can have their expectations met.
- Encourage young insurance professionals to take on the role of Mentoring.
- Assign Mentors to students and others looking for a mentor.
- Provide opportunities for students and young professionals to network.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION COMMITTEE 2021
Reem Bushara – Associate Underwriter, Chubb– CO-CHAIR
Tatyana Butterfield – Graduate Trainee, Argo Group
Helen Crisson – Actuarial Analyst, Validus Services (Bermuda) – FINANCE OFFICER
Denzel Simons – Assistant Underwriter – Excess Liability Chubb
Sinae Smith – Actuarial Analyst, Legal & General
Assata Wedderburn – Associate Underwriter, Chubb
Tare Brangman – Property Operations Manager, OIL Insurance
Kayleb Butterfield – Actuarial Graduate Trainee, Legal & General
Zya Fraser – Underwriting Assistant, Aspen
Dejanee Hill-Edwards – Underwriting Assistant, Arch Re
Mikayla Jacome – Alumni Committee – Staff Accountant at KPMG.
Dominique Richardson – Senior Underwriter, Markel
Megan Stecko – Actuarial Analyst, Chubb
The mission of the Committee is to serve as a platform for BFIS graduates and interns, who have progressed through the various programs, offered by BFIS and are now working in the insurance and reinsurance market, to network and develop skills relevant to their chosen disciplines.
SCHOOLS OUTREACH COMMITTEE 2021
Brittany de Frias – Underwriting Assistant, BRIT Global Speciality – (BFIS Alumni) – CO-CHAIR
Stacy Thakur – Consultant – Accounting Services – (BFIS Alumni) – CO-CHAIR
Stephen Bath – AVP, Underwriting, Renaissance Re – (BFIS Alumni)
Victoria Cunningham – AVP, Underwriting, Tokio Millennium Re
Tyler Kerr – Reinsurance Analyst, Validus Services (Bermuda) – (BFIS Alumni)
Christina Ratteray – Senior Actuarial Analyst, Allied World
Kiara Somner – Senior Operations Analyst, Global Atlantic Re – (BFIS Alumni)
Tiffany Calhoun – Underwriting Manager, L & F Indemnity
Makeba Tucker – Operations Analyst, Global Atlantic Re